Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2017, 12:19:07 AM
103817 Posts in 6496 Topics by 596 Members
Latest Member: JackMK2
Home Help Search Login Register
AKeuro Club Forums  |  Technical Forums  |  Tire & Wheel  |  Getting new tires for my 19's 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Getting new tires for my 19's  (Read 1877 times)
ak_inshok

Getting new tires for my 19's
« on: July 03, 2014, 01:53:22 PM »

Hello everyone. I am on a family road trip down in Montana. I decided to pick up some tires for my new 19's i got from Trini.

I originally wanted to go to a shop down in the lesser 48 and pick up a set of tires to bring back with me to save on the shipping. It turns out I would not save that much for the set, maybe $200.

So when I went to a Tire Factory here in Missoula, MT they let me know there are some tire models on close out. I found Falken FK-452's in 275/30r19 for the rears for around $150ea at Tire Factory and Falken FK-452 245/35/19 for around $135ea for the front at Pep Boys. I had the Anchorage Tire Factory order the rears with a normal order for no shipping cost and I am picking up the fronts at Pep Boys in Seattle on the way through. So when I get back to Anchorage in about a week I will have them mounted at Tire Factory. I lucked out finding the right sizes because the US has very low inventory for all warehouses for this tire. This is an aggressive fitment for a BMW 540i so I had to keep explaining what I was doing since they are used to most consumers being pretty clueless when buying tires.

It turns out I learned something about sourcing tires and what companies will do to help you out. I will post pictures of tires and wheels as soon as I get a chance.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:16:19 PM by ak_inshok » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: