Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2017, 12:09:43 AM
103817 Posts in 6496 Topics by 596 Members
Latest Member: JackMK2
Home Help Search Login Register
AKeuro Club Forums  |  Technical Forums  |  VW Tech  |  Mach 5 rebuild, stay na or go turbo? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] Print
Author Topic: Mach 5 rebuild, stay na or go turbo?  (Read 31377 times)
AKS4
Damion was right
Godfather (Post Whore)

Re: FOX has a Benz ;)
« Reply #390 on: October 14, 2014, 09:02:51 AM »

Sweet man!! congrats on getting the load splitter installed on the Subie.  I never though the load levelers bars worked for smaller loads, hence the lack of need for them on small trailers.  But good on you and sounds like it makes it perform soo much better.

Congrats on the Mercedes.  I take it it is an older 300D or some such? Is it a wagon or sedan? Got big turbo plans for it?

92 Corrado SLC |  Garage Queen....
01.5 S4 | Some of this, some of that...
Fox/Mach5

car that causes wrecks when parked

« Reply #391 on: October 14, 2014, 09:14:45 AM »

87 300d sedan. Eventually I want to get more power, for now just doing small stuff.   

For weight distribution it doesn't do much since I run low tongue weight, but I do pull heavy loads on the 4 place trailer so it helps on bumps. Also the way the hitch is it lifts the tongue up a few more inches.  I wish I had it last summer when I was pulling 3-9k loads weekly. Poor car,

93 Fox: (94 jetta block, suspension, rear brakes, rear lift) cb PA, lights, more lights, train horn,more lights, and large oil cooler+fan/Dual filters
Fox/Mach5

« Reply #392 on: December 27, 2014, 12:22:38 AM »

i have been busy this month. dynamat ed the benz, installed custom backlit gauges. same jvc deck that i have in subaru, temporary boost & pyro meter, increased boost from 12-15psi, replaced pump for headlight sprayers, replaced idler arm busings, need to increase fuel,  get MLV for second layer of sound proofing. thinking about pulling engine and replacing all the seals and seeing what else it needs.  need to install diff bushings, and fix some small rust areas. probably replace steering damper & change steering, brake, tranny, diff, fluids & engine oil. rear assenger drive shaft has play it needs replacement soon too.    then it will be ready for some action.
  I LOVE MY NEW WELDER
i put winch on the trailer with a nice metal box to keep it clean and dry, made a tower so that the winch cable wont tear up the nice new deck i put on and makes loading full barrels and heavy items effortless. put sheet metal on the bottom of trailer which improved aerodynamics WAY more than i had hoped for. reinforced the subaru's hitch by extending the reciever up and bolting it to subframe so the load splitter will do its job and it handles the extreme weight of a full barrel when i use the hitch basket.  modded the 4wheeler plow which works AMAZING, i finally got to use it today.  scored free large hot pressure washer, put 500$ of TLC into it.  a lot of free 400w outdoor lights.

wired up a switch to manually lock up torque converter which will be nice when towing, and another switch to lock center diff for true 50/50 which is also very nice.   removed the momentary switch that disables power to rear wheels and wired it into the handbrake switch to make e-brake maneuvers idiotproof. need to put diodes on wires to keep ecu noise out of the stereo system

building waste oil boiler, so far the main burn chamber is mostly finished, and i put in electric heat elements (free stove) to preheat oil for ignition (works really well). next steps are secondary burn chamber (4" pipe wrapped in copper tube) and automate the ignition.

93 Fox: (94 jetta block, suspension, rear brakes, rear lift) cb PA, lights, more lights, train horn,more lights, and large oil cooler+fan/Dual filters
Fox/Mach5

« Reply #393 on: December 27, 2014, 12:27:21 AM »

changed benz's interior bulbs to led, greed on outer vent wheels, blue on center,  blue for shifter & climate controls, green for ashtray. blue for headlight switch,  came together nicely,  vanity lights got warm and cool white, license plate is red bulbs, large led bar to light up trunk (bright), led reverse lights (bright) some bulbs were back ordered so doors glove box and dome lights havent been changed yet, (to cool white)

Fox/Mach5

Re: Mach 5 is coming back!!!
« Reply #394 on: September 17, 2015, 08:12:43 PM »

towed the subaru behind my semi (blew auto trans, should have googled)  new 45k mi trans installed. car has towed A LOT and has held up well.   slowly making progress on the 300D
BOUGHT A SEMI THIS SUMMER, if u see it u will know its mine...... my bug deflector is 1 of a kind

REBUILDING FOX'S ENGINE, 2 years ago one of the pistons chipped and the car has been sitting, luckily all cylinder walls still look good. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THIS CAR'S LIFE IT WILL BE DONE 100% CORRECT.   i am making this car as reliable as my subaru now that i can finally afford to lol.    new sporty cam shaft, rebuild the head, maybe bigger valves,  new 83.5mm pistons, bearings seals gaskets,  re do all my hi maintenance oil hoses, i can weld now so i will be making custom engine mount so clutch cable isnt in the way of the oil piping, radiator mounts.    there are a million other things i will be doing now that i can do real metal work, it is going to be a bare bones, lightweight, tow behind semi,  SHORT trip car.

BlackNight
Elite Member

S3 8V inside

« Reply #395 on: September 21, 2015, 06:08:55 PM »

Cool Man

Lee

2016 Audi S3 (Sepang Blue)
Cell: 230-7807
Fox/Mach5

« Reply #396 on: December 25, 2016, 09:01:23 PM »

Took me a year to get around to the mach 5,  ordered a 276 cam, adjustable sprocket. New pistons gotze rings.  Race bearings.     Ect Ect

I'm debating on a cheap Turbo build.   I was planning on staying n/a, just try to make it a little better since that car doesn't have traction like the Subaru.   
But if I can put together a turbo system cheap enough then y not, since I'm rebuilding everything right now anyway, I don't have cops to worry about out here.

Ideas, opinions? Stay the na course?
I need to fix my Subaru too, then back to giving the Benz love.  So I am NOT short on car projects.... 
Not to mention 2 semi trucks that always need something.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: